Λάστιχα: WINDFORCE CATCHFORS A/T
Διάσταση ελαστικών: 215/70R16
Suspension: Του πατέρα του
cb: Όχι
Εργάτης: Όχι
Name: Λάμπρος

Re: Greetings from Romania

Δημοσίευσηαπό Garett » Πέμ Φεβ 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Wow, thanks you very much for the warm welcoming!
I knew that Greek are very friendly people!:)
I'm from Galati, on the Lower Danube, where an important Greek community used to be, there still are some Greek people here even today.

Actually what I was thinking was to make the skid plates myself from high grade aluminium, using the existing holes in the chassis.
I don't plan to make too heavy off-road with it, nor make too extensive modifications since the car it's also used for my daily commute.
Probably only skid plates, some AT tyres, maybe a suspension lift and a pair of HID floodlights (just for fun! :) )
But the general idea is to be able to go on a week-end trip on the mountains and take on the forest roads to see where they go.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Garett
Foreign Off-Road Friend
Foreign Off-Road Friend

Λάστιχα: ContiCross235/65 R17

Δημοσίευσηαπό Tzivitzonis » Πέμ Φεβ 07, 2013 5:01 pm

There are members from Cyprus too amongst us, so the warm welcome becomes a little bit from a wider "greek border" ΕικόναΕικόνα Εικόνα

Garett έγραψε:I'm from Galati, on the Lower Danube, where an important Greek community used to be, there still are some Greek people here even today.
Galati eh?? :think: You know, we too have some guys from Galatsi, but this is a region in Athens... :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: (just teasing ;-) :angelic-green: )

As for your thoughts of your vehicle, I agree on the perspective you see it! :handgestures-thumbup: A good A/T tyre and a front skid plate are enough for the car to take you beyond the asphalt with safety!
We'll be glad to hear from you and see how your are going with yours mods... :D
Grand Vitara 1.6 3D (2002) ---- GFi LPG system
Ποτέ μην υπερεκτιμάς τις ικανότητες τις δικές σου ή του GV σου!!

Homo homini lupus est
Άβαταρ μέλους
Tzivitzonis
Administrator
Administrator

Λάστιχα: Michelin Lat.Cross
Διάσταση ελαστικών: 215/70/16
Suspension: Αποστάτες +3/KYB
cb: Ναι
Aka: Καλτσόγιαννος-Τζιτζιλόνης-Πατροτζούλης
Name: Τζιβιτζόνης

Δημοσίευσηαπό Νικόλας » Πέμ Φεβ 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Welcome my friend.
ΣΤΑΜΑΤΗΣΤΕ ΤΗ ΓΗ ΝΑ ΚΑΤΕΒΩ !!!
Άβαταρ μέλους
Νικόλας
Vitaraclub Platinum Member

Λάστιχα: Geolandar A/T-S
Suspension: Πολυ σκληρή
Aka: Παλαμίδας
Name: Νικός

Δημοσίευσηαπό Garett » Σάβ Φεβ 09, 2013 4:15 pm

Tzivitzonis έγραψε:There are members from Cyprus too amongst us, so the warm welcome becomes a little bit from a wider "greek border" ΕικόναΕικόνα Εικόνα

Garett έγραψε:I'm from Galati, on the Lower Danube, where an important Greek community used to be, there still are some Greek people here even today.
Galati eh?? :think: You know, we too have some guys from Galatsi, but this is a region in Athens... :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: (just teasing ;-) :angelic-green: )

As for your thoughts of your vehicle, I agree on the perspective you see it! :handgestures-thumbup: A good A/T tyre and a front skid plate are enough for the car to take you beyond the asphalt with safety!
We'll be glad to hear from you and see how your are going with yours mods... :D

Far from me to ignore the beautiful Island of Aphrodite! Greetings to the people of Cyprus as well! :-)

As for Galati - Galatsi I didn't knew that but it's very interesting! The historians even today have a big headache when trying to explain the name of the town, which is quite unusual by Romanian standards. Maybe there is a common root of the two names.

About the skid plates: so you believe that there it's no point in extending the plates towards aft and only up to the transfer box would suffice?
Also, in your experience, after fitting the skid plates the ground clearance is affected so much that the suspension lift becomes really necessary?
Third, is there a variant for replacing that fore black skirt under the fender with some kind of chin plate, maybe common with the front skid plate to make a smooth transition? My concern is that piece of plastic could be easily damaged in off-road, is that the case?
Άβαταρ μέλους
Garett
Foreign Off-Road Friend
Foreign Off-Road Friend

Δημοσίευσηαπό Tzivitzonis » Δευτ Φεβ 11, 2013 10:13 pm

Garett έγραψε:About the skid plates: so you believe that there it's no point in extending the plates towards aft and only up to the transfer box would suffice?

Exactly! Up to the tranfer box will be enough I think. The idea with the plates is this: you do not install them so that you become a tank and go over everything like nothing is happening! :naughty: You install them to offer you protection on accidental hits by rocks mostly, but also from belly ground rubbing, as in deep mud situations. Personally I have only the front diff covered. In rough terrains I go slowly and if I hear the rock on the plate (and cannot be avoided), I manage to manuever around the rock if possible.

Garett έγραψε:Also, in your experience, after fitting the skid plates the ground clearance is affected so much that the suspension lift becomes really necessary?

I do not have anyt experience on your model (I have the old 2002-2005 model), but the way I see the necessity of the lift is independent of the skid plates installation. I mean that I would never want to get a lift kit just because I have lost 1-2cm of ground clearance due to a plate! On the contrary, I would want a lift kit to give my vehicle more capability of taking me further to the dirt roads, which means that I would also need an extra protection for the under part of the vehicle. The more you go deep, the better prepared is best to be! ;-)

Garett έγραψε:Third, is there a variant for replacing that fore black skirt under the fender with some kind of chin plate, maybe common with the front skid plate to make a smooth transition? My concern is that piece of plastic could be easily damaged in off-road, is that the case?

What do you mean by that black skirt? Do you mean the front OEM plastic bash plate, ? In the photo you will be looking at our forum Moderator monsieur MORAITIS, just after having lost (and found afterwards) his plastic plate after some plays with his NGV at an offroad park in Attica. :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Homo homini lupus est
Άβαταρ μέλους
Tzivitzonis
Administrator
Administrator

Δημοσίευσηαπό Garett » Τρί Φεβ 12, 2013 10:09 am

The reason I'm not too keen on mounting a suspension lift is that I don't really know how much it will affect the road handling. Since the car is having a dual use I would hate to have issues on the road even if the off-road capability would improve. From my point of view a pneumatic or active hydraulic suspension would be good, but I do know that it's a major headache! :(
At least for this year the plan is to mount only the skid plates and use it like I'm planning, then asses the performance and if necessary to mount the lifting kit next autumn.

What I meant by black skirt is that piece of plastic under the fender:
I have a friend who got the same type of piece, but on a Grand Cherokee, torn from the fender in some frozen snow during a ski trip we took.
Suzuki-Grand_Vitara_V6_2006_800x600_wallpaper_05.jpg
Front "skirt"
Suzuki-Grand_Vitara_V6_2006_800x600_wallpaper_05.jpg (60.48 KiB) 7124 προβολές

I've seen some kind of replacement metal piece mounted by some guy from Indonesia but unfortunately that forum is now defunct so there is no way to ask the guy how he did it or where he bought it from. :(
front plate.jpg
Metal front plate
front plate.jpg (79.17 KiB) 7124 προβολές

LE: this is how that guy's car looks like:
grand_vitara21.jpg
grand_vitara21.jpg (117.96 KiB) 7123 προβολές

It's more or less how I'm planning to make my car look in 1-2 years. Depending of the crisis... :(
Άβαταρ μέλους
Garett
Foreign Off-Road Friend
Foreign Off-Road Friend

Δημοσίευσηαπό Tzivitzonis » Τρί Φεβ 12, 2013 2:07 pm

Yes we've seen this guy's car again elsewhere in our forum. He has done a great work!

I don't understand why you would want to mount such a metal "skirt", since you will be making a steel skid plate... :think: In my op;inion, if you have the front plate you don't need such a metal piece in the lower front! Take a look at to see why you will not be needing it! Unless it's a matter of "vehicle beauty" for you ;-)

Garett έγραψε:It's more or less how I'm planning to make my car look in 1-2 years. Depending of the crisis... :(
Merkeeelll.... :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle: :banbutton: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Homo homini lupus est
Άβαταρ μέλους
Tzivitzonis
Administrator
Administrator

Δημοσίευσηαπό P GV O9 » Τετ Φεβ 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Bine ati venit prieten!!!
Bun rute cu Vitara Club!!!
Με VITARA παρέα η ζωή είναι ωραία στα βουνά όλη μέρα!!!
Άβαταρ μέλους
P GV O9
4x4 Mud Terrain member
4x4 Mud Terrain member

Λάστιχα: MICHELLIN LATITUDE CROSS
Διάσταση ελαστικών: 225/70 R16
Suspension: ΕΡΓΟΣΤΑΣΙΑΚΗ
Name: ΠΑΝΑΓΙΩΤΗΣ

Δημοσίευσηαπό Garett » Τετ Φεβ 13, 2013 1:54 pm

Multumesc mult! :)
Drumuri bune si frumoase tuturor!

Ευχαριστώ :)
Καλή δρόμοι για όλους!

@Tzivitzonis: Seeing the photos on the link you've put I understand what you mean! :)
The front plate in the photos does in fact extend over that "skirt".
The plates I've seen for sale here are stopping right behind it. My friend with the GC (he still believes that a 2006 GC it's a proper off-roader! :P )got his skirt plate torn when trying to turn his car in semi-frozen snow but he miscalculated the clearance and we heard a loud "crack" instead. :D
That would indeed not be the case with the front skid plate from that topic.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Garett
Foreign Off-Road Friend
Foreign Off-Road Friend

Δημοσίευσηαπό gv2000 » Παρ Φεβ 15, 2013 10:12 pm

Welcome Garett
thank you for the memories GV2000 ! ... I mean it!
(2004-2017)
Άβαταρ μέλους
gv2000

Λάστιχα: 235/70/16
Suspension: custom
Name: Παναγιώτης

Δημοσίευσηαπό Garett » Δευτ Φεβ 18, 2013 1:46 pm

Yesterday I've made my first "muddying" and, as far as I know from the car's history, probably it's first too! :)
Granted, it was a bit insane from my part since the car is still vanilla, also because the second car in the "crew" was only a Logan but at first at least the road seemed to be OK (for the Logan, for me was OK the whole length we went).
We went on a small forestry road in Dobrogea Mountains, at first quite flat but then it become a succession of muddy trenches.
Overall, I was more than impressed by the performance of the car and it's approach and departure angles. Hopefully there was no damage, at least I didn't hear any "rubbing" underneath, nor any other suspect noises. Also, I'm happy to report that the front "skirt" is still in one piece.
I've added one more thing on the shopping list: a CB station, because we had no cell signal in the mountains and it would be a good idea to be able to call the park rangers. I think the space between the spare wheel would be a good place to put a CB antenna, what other places are suitable? Beside the obvious roof but it looks to me like a toy car with the antenna on top! :D
Άβαταρ μέλους
Garett
Foreign Off-Road Friend
Foreign Off-Road Friend

Δημοσίευσηαπό ΜΩΡΑΙΤΗΣ » Δευτ Φεβ 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Α cb is always a good companion in the mountain, of course take under consideration the fact that the CB is usually for a convoy of cars within a short distance. Here in Greece to obtain one is rather easy, with only a licence from the local authoritiew where the car is registered . But in order to speak in larger distances, there you must gor for a VHF machine, { talk practically with the whole country } but I dont know the legislation for this in your country....here you must study a lot and take exams for the possecion and licence of such machine. Our experience shows that in our excursions, and in order to talk to one each other Cb is o.k.
The perfect place for the antenna, for most of us at least in between the rear door and the spare wheel, like Panoshm did here

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=7557&start=0

Pls do not hesitate to ask us for any details.
Σαν έρθει η ώρα της πορείας πολλοί δεν ξέρουν πως επικεφαλής βαδίζει ο εχθρός τους.
Η φωνή που διαταγές τους δίνει είναι του εχθρού τους η φωνή.
Και εκείνος που για τον εχθρό μιλάει είναι ο ίδιος τους ο εχθρός.
Μπ. Μπρέχτ
Άβαταρ μέλους
ΜΩΡΑΙΤΗΣ

Λάστιχα: MICHELIN
Suspension: BILSTEIN B6
Aka: Ο Κυανοπώγωνας..

Δημοσίευσηαπό Garett » Δευτ Φεβ 18, 2013 4:02 pm

Thanks for the link with the antenna, that's exactly where I was thinking to put it too. Station itself probably I would put it in the arm box and only pull it out when necessary.
There is no licence required here for CBs, you only buy it and install it and as long as you stay out of the official channels there is no restriction to use it.
I don't know about VHF stations though, I have no idea what's the law now but it used to be for military and police use only. But that was long ago, in the commy years.
Άβαταρ μέλους
Garett
Foreign Off-Road Friend
Foreign Off-Road Friend

Δημοσίευσηαπό ΜΩΡΑΙΤΗΣ » Δευτ Φεβ 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Here viewtopic.php?f=89&t=7849 is the original installation when I hade purchase it.

And this is the final position which is far more better

P1040130.JPG

P1040131.JPG

P1040132.JPG
Σαν έρθει η ώρα της πορείας πολλοί δεν ξέρουν πως επικεφαλής βαδίζει ο εχθρός τους.
Η φωνή που διαταγές τους δίνει είναι του εχθρού τους η φωνή.
Και εκείνος που για τον εχθρό μιλάει είναι ο ίδιος τους ο εχθρός.
Μπ. Μπρέχτ
Άβαταρ μέλους
ΜΩΡΑΙΤΗΣ

Λάστιχα: MICHELIN
Suspension: BILSTEIN B6
Aka: Ο Κυανοπώγωνας..

ΠροηγούμενηΕπόμενο

Επιστροφή στο Greetings...

antonis1627 Παρ Μαρ 29, 2024 1:57 pm Τετάρτη 4 Απριλίου 2024 πάμε για καφεδάκι στη Θέα.
Nikola Tenv Παρ Μαρ 29, 2024 10:24 am Καλημέρα σας
arahova Παρ Μαρ 29, 2024 10:17 am Καλημέρα σε όλους και καλό Π/Σ/Κ.
KOUTOUROUSHIS Παρ Μαρ 29, 2024 7:25 am kalimera
antonis1627 Παρ Μαρ 29, 2024 7:14 am Καλημέρα σας.
arahova Πέμ Μαρ 28, 2024 10:04 am Καλημέρα σε όλους.
antonis1627 Πέμ Μαρ 28, 2024 7:09 am Καλημέρα σας.
Σταύρος 4x4 Πέμ Μαρ 28, 2024 7:08 am Καλημέρα
Tzivitzonis Τετ Μαρ 27, 2024 1:10 pm θα ρωτησω τον υιο :P
SIAL Τετ Μαρ 27, 2024 1:10 pm δεν έχει διήμερη άδεια ρε μάστορα?
Tzivitzonis Τετ Μαρ 27, 2024 1:07 pm Εγώ που θα ερθω Κυριακή πόσες έχω;
SIAL Τετ Μαρ 27, 2024 1:05 pm 9 και σήμερα!!!
SIAL Τετ Μαρ 27, 2024 1:01 pm Μερσύ μποκού!
SIAL Τετ Μαρ 27, 2024 1:01 pm αχαχαχαχα
SIAL Τετ Μαρ 27, 2024 1:00 pm Νουχρίτσααααααααααα
SIAL Τετ Μαρ 27, 2024 1:00 pm Καλημέρες! Λίγο θέαμα για όλους! viewtopic.php?f=66&t=37146&p=940582#p940582
arahova Τετ Μαρ 27, 2024 12:14 pm Καλημέρα σε όλους.
antonis1627 Τετ Μαρ 27, 2024 6:58 am Καλημέρα σας.
arahova Τρί Μαρ 26, 2024 9:36 am Καλημέρα σε όλους.
antonis1627 Τρί Μαρ 26, 2024 7:03 am Καλημέρα σας.
antonis1627 Δευτ Μαρ 25, 2024 10:24 pm Φίλε Θανάση ΘανασηςΖ καλησπέρα.Για να μπορείς να συμμετέχεις στις συζητήσεις μας πρέπει να περάσεις από την ενότητα αυτή και αφού ανοίξεις ένα νέο θέμα να μας πεις δύο λόγια για σένα και το αυτοκίνητο σου από που μας γράφεις και να σε καλωσορίσουμε. Επίσης μπορείς να διαβάσεις θα σε βοηθήσει να καταλάβεις τη λειτουργία του φόρουμ.
arahova Δευτ Μαρ 25, 2024 11:58 am Καλημέρα σε όλους, καλή εβδομάδα και Χρόνια Πολλά.
ΣΤΑΥΡΟΣ Δευτ Μαρ 25, 2024 11:52 am Καλημερα σας Χρονια πολλα,καλη εβδομαδα.
antonis1627 Δευτ Μαρ 25, 2024 7:24 am Καλημέρα σας καλή εβδομάδα και Χρόνια Πολλά
arahova Κυρ Μαρ 24, 2024 11:39 am Καλημέρα σε όλους.
AJAX Chat © 2007 StarTrekGuide ? Updates every 5 Seconds

Μέλη σε σύνδεση

Μέλη σε αυτή την Δ. Συζήτηση : Δεν υπάρχουν εγγεγραμμένα μέλη και 1 επισκέπτης